Wednesday 10 December 2014

Two Months of Kindle Unlimited

I have now pretty much concluded my time with Kindle Unlimited. It's not a bad concept - access to a collection of titles for £7.99 a month, including several with unabridged audio accompaniment - but although I am primarily a Kindle-based reader now, I've opted not to continue for several reasons.

1) Cost: At present, I can get by on £7.99 a month or less on books. In particular, I can get books, ebooks and audiobooks from the library.

2) Choice: The range is limited and I already have most of the really good stuff in paper format. I've read some right old tosh as part of my subscription.

3) Alternatives: In addition to the library option, as a Prime subscriber it turns out I already get one free book a month from a selection of pre-publication titles. That should keep me in random interest for a while at least.

4) It's Christmas: I'll probably have at least some books for Christmas, so an ebook sub will be wasted.

5) Flexibility: I can always pick it up again for a month or so if I fancy working through something specific.

No comments:

Post a Comment